Sunday, September 7, 2008

SIGG Water Bottle


SIGG "Friends Don't Let Friends Drink From Plastic" 33 oz Lifestyle Water Bottle: Made from a single piece of aluminum, this light-weight, crack resistant, and recyclable bottle has been on my list of "green products to buy" for a while now. I was close to devastated (OK, maybe a slight exaggeration) when I found out that my beloved Nalgene and Camelbak plastic water bottles contained the harmful BPA (Bisphenol-A) chemical... look for the number 7 in the middle of a triangle on your plastic containers - if you see this, it's time to replace the container! BPA has come under suspicion as being a culprit for altering hormones by leaching into food and beverages from Polycarbonate #7 plastics. Luckily, "SIGG bottles exceed FDA requirements and have been thoroughly tested to ensure 0.0% leaching – so they are 100% safe," according to the SIGG website: http://www.mysigg.com/index.asp.

The SIGG company manufactures its products in "an ecologically-friendly environment," and donates 1% of all profits to environmental causes.

I'm not one to broadcast political statements for others to see, (i.e. on my car's bumper etc.), but living ecologically is one message I don't hesitate to proselytise.

No comments: