Sunday, August 10, 2008

Product Review: Tom's of Maine Toothpaste


Ok - first product review! Tom's of Maine spearmint natural antiplaque plus whitening gel toothpaste: I need a toothpaste that (1) I like the taste and consistency of and (2) doesn't have an ingredient list laden with chemicals that might cause me more harm than health. Many toothpastes and mouthwashes contain FD&C Blue 1 and FD&C Green 3, respectively, which are coal tar-based dyes. These chemicals are known carcinogens, and thus should be avoided at all costs. Tom's of Maine products do NOT contain these chemicals, so (2) is covered. In terms of (1), the taste and consistency were both surprisingly palatable. The gel foams up to a nice lather; that combined with the refreshing spearmint flavor = a clean and happy mouth! Although the taste isn't quite as sweet as other brands, I'd consider myself a full convert to this brand for toothpaste.

No comments: